Tuesday, May 05, 2009

You know you're LAZY when...

1. You want to text someone in your own house because you don't want to get up and go where they are.

2. The person you want to text is your 5 year-old son.
(Who can't read... and uh, doesn't have a cell phone.)

3. You come up with a plan to get his attention without screaming at the top of your lungs:
Stretch to reach your cell phone that is sitting two feet away. Call your HOME phone because you know your answering machine will pick up. Pleasantly call to your child from the answering machine speaker until he comes into your bedroom to see what you want.

4. Lavish him with praise when he gets the drink of water you've been craving.

5. Last but not least, you sit and hatch other brilliant plans to get what you want from sitting in one position because you know you will continue to indulge yourself in this lazy lifestyle until morning sickness subsides.

10 comments:

Kimmy said...

Brilliant~!

Jamie said...

Nat this makes me feel horrible for you. I know how you feel except I didn't have kids when I felt this horrible. Do you have a spare bedroom? Maybe I can come stay with you for like a week with my kiddos? I'm not kidding. I feel the need to get away.

Sabra said...

All that for a drink of water! Wow! Impressive.

Linsey F said...

Love it! Genius!

the Painters said...

Girl, I was right there with you when I was preggo with Alec. I totally understand. I am soooo sorry you are so sick honey. I did get a laugh form this post. You are brilliant! Are you taking any anti nausea stuff?

KandK said...

I hope you start to feel better really soon!!!!!!

Marianne said...

What a comical post!

Tina said...

Luckily the people I want to send text messages to in my house, can read! I hope it doesn't mean I am lazy because I send messages within my own house...and I'm not even sick.

I'm glad your brilliant plan worked!

Susie and Josh said...

Oh thats too funny! Well you can always text me, I'll run down there. Its just a hop, skip, and a jump. Get better soon!

Tiphaine Brewer said...

You are a genious! Seriously! Sorry you are still feeling yucky! Hope it gets better soon!