Monday, August 10, 2009

No tears were shed...

On the first day of school. And you better believe that was an accomplishment, not from my cute boy but from his pregnant and hormonal mom who had some attachment issues today. I think I would have felt better if I could have just watched him in his class for awhile...or had lunch with him...or gotten minute by minute updates to my phone about what they were doing ALL DAY. (:
No, but seriously, I survived and he loved it. He was a little quiet when I took him in there this morning but I heard all about his great day and the new friends he made. I was a little sad for Ava after we dropped him off. He usually sits in the back of the van and when we were almost home she said, "Mase, are you asleep back there?". Guess she didn't realize that we left him at school. And when I put her to bed tonight, I told her that we are going to play tomorrow after we drop him off at school and she said, "But he already went to school!" The adjustment is harder for some than others...
I noticed that he wrote "Mase" on the top of his paper instead of "Mason." I asked him if he told his teacher to call him that and he said, "Yeah... it's my nickname. And I LOVE my nickname!" So I guess that is what he will be going by in school. He is demonstrating his independence already. (As if he hasn't done that from the moment he was BORN!)


I didn't get a great picture because he was anxious to get into his classroom, but he is still adorable with this cheesy look on his face... miss him already for tomorrow.

6 comments:

lynnissa said...

I felt the same way about minute by minute updates. I asked him a gazillion questions when he got home! Yeah for playgroup, something to distract us this morning!

mmg said...

What a handsome, grown-up dude.

Tina said...

Riley and I LOVE the picture of Mason...I mean Mase.

Kristal said...

oh my gosh, you probably dont' remember it, but Mase's first day of school pic looks just like Jaden's. Um, and Jaden's first day of kindgergarten was hard, but first day of 1st grade was worse for me. gone ALL DAY! I hated it. I wanted him to stay home at lunch. And with Kam going to kindergarten this year, I think we'll both be fine with it. haha.

Kimmy said...

He looks like he is ready to conquer the world with that smile! How sweet his and Avas relationship is...I love that she thought he was sleeping in the car. So cute!

KandK said...

So glad he is liking the whole school thing. Enjoy every minute you can of his excitement. You set the tone of him going off to school!