Monday, May 21, 2007

80's PARTY!!!










































We have been planning and planning for our first "big bash" and now it's over... It was a blast and totally worth all we put into it! The party had an 80's/90's theme, but it turns out the 80's was way more fun because almost ALL of our decor and music was from that decade. (And people mostly dressed 80's, except for a few grungers.) Anyway, here are a few photos, but the party was way more exciting than these pictures actually look. We dusted off DJ Roro's equipment and added some sweet karaoke (think Pat Benatar and the B-52's). We made Mason's room into the "Blacklight Lounge" and gave out awards and party favors, like 80's/90's mix CD's (guess we should've done tapes but we wanted to be more functional) and Pop Rocks and Bazooka Gum. The turnout was about 35 people. A lot of food was eaten, songs were sung, and backs were broken doing backspins and the kickworm on my living room floor. It was awesome! Now if I could only finish cleaning up this mess....


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH@! I'm soo inspired! 80's party at the Mulders in August! How stinking fun! I love your hair and the bracelet. Who's that with the "choose Life" shirt???Awesome!!!
Good times! Move back to Az, and throw some parties. None of our friends every throw grown up parties! We need some!!!

JELL said...

The shirt - its a tribute to Wham, right? Like, that's what their shirts said in the "Wake Me Up Before You GOGO" video?
You know how I love GM - he better have been on your playlist!
The party looks AWESOME! Wish we could have been there.

Jamie & Johnny said...

Looks like a party I would've thrown with you. Glad it was successful and fun. One question...are Jon's nails painted black? Interesting!

Nat said...

Yep, Jamie, they are BLACK! He made me paint them for his sweet 80's punk costume. He looked awesome! But you better believe he woke up early the next morning just to make sure it was removed before he went anywhere. Linz, I thought of you when the Wham couple showed up. I know of your undying love for George.

the Painters said...

SOOOO cute Nat! Totally reminds me of good ol YSAP days. I miss you

Melissa said...

"I've seen a lot of things in my life, but that..was..AWESOME"!!! I wish we could have been there. Greg and I dressed up one Halloween as an 80s prom king and queen. The 80's rock man! You guys are so fun!

Angeler said...

I'm jealous. I promise that if you move to Utah, we'd throw parties like this too. And other cool stuff like bike rides. And outdoor concerts. And art shows. And free babysitting. And baking. And free babysitting.

We've moved on in life, so I now dub you the president of YMAP. What a perfect transition.

Anonymous said...

Man Nat you are so beautiful. I love the one of you and your little princess in the back yard, so beautiful.