Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bedtime at the Hancock House



I want to document our current bedtime routine so we can remember how it was when our kids were 4 and almost 2. It's actually fun for all of us, especially if it is successful and the kids are content in their beds.
After brushing the kids' teeth, we all run to the red couches in the living room. The sofa is the "boys couch" and the loveseat is the "girls couch". (There may be some evidence that most of the routine was created by Mase...) The boys first pick a song and sing it to us. Tonight it was the Shrek song by Smashmouth, but we have our favorites. Then the girls sing one. Tonight it was Little Bunny Foo Foo, but Aves usually requests "God song" (I Am A Child of God). Then we all sing one together. Then we all go to the boys couch and kneel for family prayer, usually said by Mason. Immediately following prayer, we march down the hallway to their rooms singing the first verse of "The Ants go Marching..." I take Ava in her room with whatever stuffed animal has been her favorite that day, and Ro takes Mase in with Mickey and tells him a story. Some days these are the best 15 minutes of the whole day. I'm sure pretty soon our routine will be different, but they grow up so fast that I wanted to document some of the small things so we don't forget. Goodnight!

4 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

I love love love your routine!! Very cute, my favorite part is that the boys sing to the girl then vice versa. That's so cute. I might have to steal some of your traditions!! LOVE IT!! You are such a great mom.

Chredna said...

Nat! I'm so sorry I haven't called you back. I love your bedtime routine. I miss hanging out! We need to do something soon.

Kimmy said...

Nat you are just such a cute mom. How precious is that routine!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.