Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moments

In the last six weeks, there has been a lot happening in our home. Sleepless nights, changing routines, Christmas, millions of diapers, traveling for Christmas, sharing attention, people (who shall remain nameless) struggling to follow directions at school possibly to seek more attention... all the fun stuff.
BUT... There are moments in our lives that make everything feel worth it. The world stops for just a minute and your little bubble feels like the very best place you could ever imagine. I have to document these moments when I can tear myself away for a second to grab the camera.





After a long Saturday of three great kids including a working husband, 7 loads of laundry, grocery shopping, trampoline jumping, cleaning, and lots more it was finally bedtime. I had just brought in the last of the groceries and asked the kids to be careful because I put Lucy on Ava's bed. This little sibling gathering was totally unsolicited, and as I switched the last load of laundry to the dryer, I heard laughing in Ava's room. Peeking in, I found this adorable sight. There they were, holding her attention completely. Each of them took turns reading her books and showing her pictures and she was clearly mesmerized. Nothing brings me more joy than seeing my kids interact happily and lovingly with each other.

Oh and one more perfect "moment"? Some of her first smiles!



8 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Aw...your kiddos are so cute. How precious that they are reading books to your baby!

kristal said...

oh my gosh Natlie, she is soooo cute! I love her. Her little round face looks like pearcen's! I love it!!!!!!

Tia said...

okay that last one is killing me dang cute!

Tina said...

It is amazing how the kids actually have her attention. It IS very sweet. And her smile is amazing:)

Stephanie said...

She is such a doll! I am glad to hear that my child isn't the only one testing the waters of kindergarten...the bad thing is, they both are probably two of the nicer kids! I dread the years to come ALL the lovely things they will learn at school!

Jeff and Lindsey said...

don't you love feeling like you just have so much to be grateful for? i love your wonderful little family!

Kimmy said...

Her smiles are just precious!!! Can I have her? She is just gorgeous!!
And what sweet siblings Ava and Mason are! I love moments like that. Unfortunately for us we dont get them very often.

Joe & Ren said...

I LOVED these pictures!! YOUR family is so FREAKIN cute!! WAY TO GO NAT!!! :0) and Roland had a little to do with it too!! :0) Enjoy those few moments because soon they will be gone!! Love ya!
Rennie (Renda & Joe)