Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Home


I really never thought I would end up back here. And even more than that, I never imagined I would be so HAPPY to be back here. I guess there is something in your heart that really remembers "home". Good old Yuma is not exactly the same place (it has grown exponentially) but it is still home to me. When we left Portland, I thought we would all miss the trees, the water, the GREEN... we miss Karen and her family terribly, but we have found a renewed love for the desert. My kids are so funny when we go outside. Ava is constantly sharing her feelings: "Tree! Tree!" and "Moon!" and "Wow!" and "Pretty!" And Mason feels the same. "Mom, look how much you can see the sky and the birds here. I was scared of the trees in Portland." I actually feared I would never hear the word "Tree" from Ava again, but I guess I didn't remember all of the green that we have here. Slightly different, but still beautiful. (:
I recently got sucked into the "Twilight" series that everyone else seems to be reading. The main character has moved from Arizona to Washington. I found myself laughing out loud when she described how much she misses the "white-blue sky" and just the sheer volume of the sky. She complained about the looming gray clouds and the wet weather and longed for the dry heat and distant mountains... I cannot say I have ever lived in a more beautiful place than Portland, and I am sure we will take many vacations there to see the family we were so sad to leave. But I extremely grateful to have taken that leap and moved there... otherwise, I would never have been so happy to be home.

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi Nat, I miss the crap out of you guys and even though Yuma is not the same thing as Mesa, maybe we can see each other some time? I'd like to meet Ava, and for you to meet Jacob. If I get Mario Party for our nintendo, will you come over?

Brandon and Mandi Hemming said...

Hey Natalie- when I left you my comment last month I didn't leave my blog....here it is... bmhemming.blogspot.com
Cant wait to hear from you!!

The McEwen Family said...

Natalie how crazy you are living in Yuma again! they always say Yuma is a boomerang town. I live in North Carolina now and i know what you mean about the beauty of the trees and green i love it out here but i miss Yuma so much and i just love it when we come home to visit and just pull into town! Maybe one day we can see each other again! Come visit my blog page--it's mikeandmel023.blogspot.com

JELL said...

you're full of crap. move to utah
muuuaaahahah!

mmg said...

Hey Nat, it let me leave a comment today. I love your writing style.

Tia said...

Yes I wish I could write like you, I think thats why I leave so many pictures! I might be coming down to Yuma early now on Monday before the reunion, Tim has to do some stuff down there. ANyway I am so excited to hang out with you and Renelle!

Melissa said...

Crazy, I had no idea you guys were moving back and to YUMA! Before I met Greg or any of you, I honestly had no respect for the place, but now I realize some amazing people have come from Yuma. It holds a special place in my heart now, and not just because of Mr. G's! Please eat some & think of me.
I'm glad you're happy to be back, Welcome Home!

Lopez-kids said...

Hey Natalie! Seth and I are in Yuma too! He got a job with Union Pacific, and we transferred here a few months ago. We live in the foothills. I met a girl in my ward who organizes playdates every week. I think the girls who go are from all over Yuma (not just in 7th ward). We are doing one on Wednesday morning. Let me know if you want to come. It would be great to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, less than another year and I will be "home" too. I can't wait to see you again. I am so excited to move back and be with Jeremy again. Ok well hope things go well in Yuma and you have lots of fun. How is Jana doing? She commented on my blog once, but I couldn't see her blog becaue it was open to readers only. Tell her hi for me when you see her ok!

Kristal said...

K, I must have missed something....why did you move back? But I SOO know what you mean. We're back in JOseph City (for another month and a half) and it's soo great to be back around familiar faces and places. And the calmness, and of coarse you know I think Az is the best state EVER! We have it all, the seasons, mountains, lakes, desert, canyons, snow skiing and water skiing 3 hours from each other. It's the best! Glad you're back...not that we'll see you most likely,unless you'll ever let me take pictures for you, but glad you're back