Wednesday, October 03, 2007

This park rocks!


I cannot believe little boring Yuma has THIS park! Renelle told me she wanted to go to this new(ish) park the other day and when I followed her over there, my jaw dropped. Honestly, with two little ones, I have been to more than my fair share of parks. Let's see- the pirate park, the duck park, the park with the train, the swimming pool park... BUT I have never seen one quite this cool. The cell phone photo does not do it justice, but it has everything from a HUGE castle with a mosaic dragon to rubbery drawbridges and refreshing misters. AND it has a special area with age-appropriate structures for ages 3 and under. The kids could play here forever! I think the best part was that it was built by the community. Everybody pitched in and came to paint a little section or purchased a brick with their family's name on it. I feel all sentimental and proud that my home town could create something so amazing! Someday I will post pictures of the kids playing here, but they couldn't wait for me to take a picture before they ran in to check it out.

6 comments:

JELL said...

are you kidding me??

Mauzy Fam said...

Hey Natalie! I love checking out your blog! Your kids are adorable. I can't believe that park! Now, I want you to go back with your camera and take more pictures. That is so cool and we don't even have that in the valley!
Tamra

The McEwen Family said...

Oh my gosh i can't believe Yuma has that park. Let me know where it is so when i go home this christmas i can take my kids there!!

Jamie & Johnny said...

Why do I feel myself jealous that you live in Yuma now!! Ha Ha! And I bet it took you 5 minutes to get there too!

Angela said...

We love this park! We were there today! All the youth in the stake helped build it as part of Youth Conf. one day and Greg did a lot of the floor inside the castle himself..he's very proud of it. Also, if you look by the swings, there's a post with Kyle & Benjamin on it, and by the misters Kendra & Mia. They love to find them every time we go!

Lopez-kids said...

Hey Natalie! If you drive past the park a little ways, you will see a big statue to the right just past the little bridge. The statue is a tribute to the Mormon Battalion. Seth's uncle actually made the bronze statue. It is really neat! Worth checking out!