Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Can snoring be cured?
Blame it on the strep throat he is getting over if you want, but the snoring keeps getting WORSE at our house. Before you start feeling sympathy for the sick guy, think about this for a second. You finally get the kids in bed, hang out for awhile with your husband, think about the jillions of things you need to do the next day, and immediately feel tired. Before you can relax, you know it's coming. You dread it. You know you will be awake just listening to it. The anxiety that "the snoring" has blessed me with has become worse than the actual snoring. I try to be a nice wife and gently touch his arm and tell him to roll over. But after a few times and still no sleep, I get a little more forceful. Nothing would rememdy the snoring last night. All I could do was think up ways to vent about his snoring (through our blog) just to bug him. (: I informed him about it today and he just started laughing. I still love the man, but come on! (: Any suggestions to save my sanity and get my much-needed beauty sleep?

8 comments:

PEHNelson said...

Natalie....you are being much nicer than I ever was. Paul gets an automatic elbow or knee to the first thing I can reach! Just tell give him a big nudge and say "since i'm awake i thought you'd like to be up too!" hopefully it gets better. thats what we get for marrying old guys!

Angela said...

Good luck. At least your man has an excuse, being sick and all, Greg snores ALL THE TIME. I want him to try those nose strip things, like that's ever going to happen. Really it's sleep apnea, so as long as he's breathing I guess I can live with it!

Muffin Cake said...

What position does he sleep in? Darrick is a HUGE snorer, but if I can get him to roll over onto his stomach, it usually stops. I Roland sleeps on his back or side, see if you can get him to fall asleep on his belly and maybe it'll be better.

David and Nikki said...

Hey Natalie...this is Nikki Sandberg! I couldn't help but laugh at your blog. I had nooooooooo idea David was a snorer before we got married:) I guess there are some disadvantages of not living together before you are married...I am totally joking! This is what I did with David...simply because I was about to have a nervous breakdown! I went to Wal-Mart and bought the hugest bra I could find....I found it on the clearance rack for like a buck! I seam ripped the cup part and put tennis balls inside. I AM DEAD SERIOUS RIGHT NOW! Next I stitched it back up. Hopefully, you are able to picture this! It is pretty much a stuffed bra. You make him wear it backwards...in other words...like he has boobs in the back. This prevents them from sleeping on there back. It totally works...and it so worth the couple bucks and the time it takes to make it! SERIOUSLY!!!! Hope this helps....by the way, you don't look like you need any beauty sleep:) You are one HOT mama! Take care!

Tia said...

Natalie thats freaken funny and have to say so is Nikki's comment you should try it. Yeah im not so nice with tim either I just pick his nose!

Courtney said...

Nathan snores too....I am like you..nice at first and more irritated and forceful as the night goes on....let me know if the bra thing works...it's hilarious!

Mere said...

Have you tried the Breathe Right Strips? When I went on road trips for rugby I used to get beat for snoring. Literally BEAT, SLAPPED, PUNCHED. Then someone purchased some strips and although they did not solve the problem it did make the snoring more of a baby snore than the usual 500 lb man snore I do. I am super hot when I sleep...what can I say???

Tyson said...

Follow this link, I have never tried it, but it could work if you are desperate to fix the snoring. My dad snores and I hate going on trips with him because I get no sleep. http://www.caycecures.com/Catalog/catalog/silentsnore.htm