Monday, July 07, 2008

Little of this, little of that



Today I had the car to myself on the way to work. With no Dan Zanes or Wiggles singing in the background, I decided to dust off the old Ipod. I was in the mood for LOUD music that I could belt it out to. (I drive quite a few miles down a county road to get to work so I was only embarrassing myself in front of truck drivers and tanks full of marines.) So I put my Ipod on shuffle songs and only stopped to listen to the songs that would make me feel the happiest. When I got to work with a smile on my face, I had to let out a laugh when I thought back to what my choices were:

Van Morrison
Britney Spears
The Beatles
Dr. Dre and Eminem
Maroon 5
Air Supply
50 Cent

I felt a little conspicuous pulling up to work with 50 Cent blaring from the Element, but when you're In Da Club, you can't hide it! (Not as fun as it was when I was getting gas with Tina and Jana listening to Snoop Dogg... LOVE girls trip!)

Not exactly people you would invite to the same party but all great feel-good music. If I would've had more time, I may have thrown in a little Abba and Billy Joel... and Jay-Z of course.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I am laughing!!

Before I even got to the part about the gas station, I was thinking about that gas station.

I'm not sure every i pod has the variety yours has. You haven't listed even a *fraction of the range here......

mmg said...

I love it Nat. You know ALL the songs from the 20's to the present.

Anonymous said...

I remember days of blasting music on our 6 hour drives home from thatcher!