Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bummin around

If you would have talked to me at 7:00 this morning, I would NOT have been very optimistic about my day. I woke up with what my family refers to as a "bum neck". You know, that lovely feeling when you are unable to turn your head in either direction without severe pain shooting down your body. Nice. Then I realized today was preschool day. The kids go two days a week while I go to my part-time job. At the same time I was thinking about preschool, I realized that teaching exercise to senior citizens was NOT going to happen today. My day started to look up...
I painfully got the kids dressed and forced the brushing of the teeth, drove them (quite unsafely, I might add- it helps to be able to turn your head when you are driving) to preschool and said goodbye. Then I made the phone call that rendered me a free woman for the day and headed home. Four Advil and three hours of sleep later, I was sitting on my couch eating Ben and Jerry's and flipping through the Tivo list for some guilty pleasure that I NEVER have time for. Bingo! I watched an entire (sort of painful but also fun) episode of "the new" 90210. I found myself longing for Brenda and Dylan instead of these new anorexic drama queens, but I must admit that I enjoyed it.
Ro's phone call telling me he would have some time to try to fix my neck before his work event tonight made my day even cheerier. And we might even have a second to grab a bite to eat together before I need to pick up the kids.
So it turned out I had so much time on my hands today that I could actually write a blog about... well nothing! I need to call in sick more often...

8 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

I hate when I get those 'cricks' in the neck. (That's what we call them). Hope you're feeling better. Fun to relax every once in a while, huh?

Kimmy said...

Sorry about your neck Nat. No fun. I wanna call in sick and bum around for a day. Sounds like fun minus the neck pain.

kristal said...

Ahh, those days are teh best (other than the neck, that sucks, I know a good chiro).
And Amen on the new 90210 not being nearly as great as the old one. I kinda feel like the new one is just another version of One Tree Hill, or the OC.
Um, so any motivational words to get me to drop more lbs for the biggest loser? I'm so not into it this time even though Sheree has me wanting to be skinnier than her...Blah!

Jamie said...

Ya for kinks in the neck. I woke up with one this morning and I wish I could send my kids away. I would sleep for HOURS! This reminds me of our Valentine's Day together going to Sunny's pizza. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope your neck is feeling better, that is seriously the worst. Too bad you felt like crap on your free time. I am with Kristal, the B.L this time is very hard to get motivated for!

Heather said...

Hey Natalie im not sure you will remember me this is Heather ( Farnsworth) Anderson. I found your blog from Angela's and thought i would stop by and say hello. It looks like you have a cute little family. I just started a blog you can check it out if you want it is http://andersonfamily02.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

You should have invited me over for Ben, Jerry, and the Tivo list!

Kare said...

I have a secret about you Nat. Haha! I love you!