Friday, October 03, 2008

Car fun




One of my favorite things about living back in AZ is the close proximity of fun places to go and people to see. We built our early relationship in a car (no, not like you are thinking!) when I had car troubles and Ro would pick me up at 6:30 every morning to take me to work. Our car trips almost always included the Mamas and the Papas, good conversation, and a big Diet Coke. (Wait, it was still Dr. Pepper back then- remember, we didn't have kids yet, so I had no need to give up my sugary bliss). My mom said she knew that we had a future together when I bought a brand new car and yet we STILL rode to work together. (: I, however, had no idea that we would be happily married someday.
After we got married, we enjoyed nothing more than a spur of the moment weekend trip to San Diego or Vegas or... basically anywhere that involved a road trip. Now our car experience is a little different. They still include the necessities of our earlier times, but now we just have to include a few more things... snacks, kids' music, bathroom stops, the essential Mickey Mouses (I guess in our case it would be "mickey mice"), etc. The road trips now are a little more work but ALSO more fun! (:

This trip will include meeting a beautiful new niece, going to a USC football game (for Ro and my sister's husband), letting six cousins enjoy LOTS of playtime, having sister bonding time, and maybe hitting Disneyland for a few hours on Monday. (annual passes rock!)
I don't know what I am thinking, sitting here reminiscing instead of packing up our car. Here we come, LA!

6 comments:

PEHNelson said...

I'm gonna be at Disneyland Monday and Tuesday too!!!!

Jamie said...

Seriously... another vaca? You lucky, lucky girl.

Kimmy said...

Souunds like a blast! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

How fun to have D.L annual passes, have a blast!

Courtney said...

WE were totally at Disneyland on Monday!! We ran into Seth and Emily and they said they saw you...hope you had fun!

Jessica said...

Hope you had fun! So good to see you a few times this summer! Your kids are such cuties!