Thursday, August 20, 2009

My thoughts today


I miss my boy. Today we are celebrating his 1/2 birthday because 5 1/2 seems like a big deal to him this year. Yummy pudding-filled cupcakes with chocolate frosting and smashed oreos and worms on top. So... BOYish. Ava said, "Those worms are eating the Pupcakes! I don't want the worms to talk to me..."
The first week he was at school I had an aching in my heart. Seriously, I thought I would be fine, but thinking about the fact that I was no longer the center of his world cut me pretty deep. He actually happens to love school so much that he was upset that yesterday was early release. I am thankful for that. But this post wasn't even supposed to be about him...
My bond with my girl has grown SO much in the past 10 days. We spend our days doing "praw-jeKS" and crafts, reading books, dressing up, or just lounging around the house. And laughing. I really GET her sense of humor. Now I am not one that is into crafts or any art for that matter, but it is so much fun to see her get creative. She misses her brother and asks about him every day, but I know that both of us are treasuring this time until her baby sister arrives. Originally, I would have liked to have the spacing be a little closer, but I am SO grateful for this period where she and I can be alone for a few months.


To further prove my love for her, I have included a not-so-flattering picture of myself at 6 months pregnant, just because I know she is happy in it.

Now what am I going to do when I can't call them "MY boy" and "MY girl" because there just happens to be an extra one? (:

8 comments:

Jon Lisa and Paxton said...

Youre all sexy, btw, and freak! I get all teary eyed lately reading your blog because it makes me sad for that day to come where "my little boy" goes off to school. Im crying over it and he isnt even out of my belly yet! Can you believe we're at 6 months already? And do you feel as pregnant as I do? Miss you guys!

Corie Green said...

So when Ethan was born we always told him every night "Goodnight, you're the best little boy in the whole wide world." And then we were pregnant again and very worried about what we would tell him every night if the new baby was a boy. But it was Baby Emma so we started telling her, "Goodnight, you're the best little girl in the whole world!" every night. Luckily we had the twinners third so now they get, "Goodnight, you're the best little twinners in the whole world." I have always had a joke with Ethan that he is my favorite son. So with Emma I always tell her that she is my favorite Emma Jo. Those little things matter huh? It was always hard to imagine that I could love the next baby as much as the first without diminishing my love of any of them.

Kristal said...

I love saying, "my boys". I think I will always just say "my girl" though, this pregnancy may be my eternal birth control....blah!, um, and you look great. at 6 months I looked like Rosie O'Donnell with a huger belly!

mmg said...

I love your "thoughts for the day" You look awesome at 6 months along, by the way. And Ava, well she is Ava. What more can we say?

Tina said...

You are so cute, with Your Boy and Your Girl. They are lucky to have you:)

(I don't think I would want those worms talking to me either!)

Kimmy said...

I agree with everyone else- you look beautiful!
How sweet your days sound with you and your girl.

KandK said...

You are going to remember these days always!!! Treasure them!!

Mauzy Fam said...

Hey Natalie -I'm changing my blog to private. If you'd like an invite email me your address to mauzy@cox.net.
Tamra