Sunday, August 09, 2009

Summer Highlights

Summer ends today for us. Mase starts school tomorrow and I have such mixed feelings about it. Before I can document my big boy wearing his new backpack, I need to play a little catch up. Here are a few pics of fun things we did this summer:

Back in June we took a trip to see my parents in Utah and also got to see some awesome cousins:




Then we had some fun without the kids at our Totally 80's party: (Did you know when you move to another state you can throw the EXACT same party again? We had a similar one in Portland- always fun!)






On the 4th of July, my kids had so much fun with cousins on Roland's side and their friends that I couldn't get them to stop for a picture. This is the best I got:



We went to Colorado in July and stayed in a cabin on the lake. It was beautiful and all of us had so much fun.










We also went camping but my battery died after two pictures. Here is one of them!



Because our yard is not yet landscaped, a rainstorm left us with a TON of mud in the gutter and street. We decided it would provide a good 3 hours of dirty play for the kids. Needless to say, they loved it! Now they are praying for another major rainstorm...







After all the fun, we are left with some satisfied and happy kids who are ready for their next adventure... I just don't know if I am!

4 comments:

David said...

Hi Nat, our summer is over today too :(. It looks like you had a fun summer. It was great to camp with you guys we will have to do that again sometime. Cari loves your 80's hair.

Treess said...

Hey - we went to Colorado in July, too! Best place in the world!
Teresa

Kimmy said...

Mase is starting today too? I thought Yuma was the only psychotic place starting so early. So are you emotional about sending your first off into the big world of elementary school? I'm sure the hormones dont help make it any easier! ;)
Sounds like you guys had some fun get aways! And Nat- you are such an awesome mom- letting your kids roll around in the mud like that! Seriously awesome!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Fun Summer:). I love all the adorable bows you make. Isn't it so much fun having a girl and dressing her up. I love the pictures of your kids in the mud. I am sure my girls would love being all muddy. You and Roland look great in your 80's attire.