Saturday, May 24, 2008

E-Wings

I really wasn't planning on doing it this young. I mean, I never planned to make her wait until she was 18 to get them done, but I was going to wait until she asked for it. However, we made a last-minute decision to decorate her little ears. Here is the unsuspecting victim in shopping heaven at Claire's:




Here there is still zero suspicion, even when two strangers are pointing unknown objects at her earlobes... guess she feels secure with Daddy.



This is where I had to put the camera down for some necessary comforting. Once I had her under control with the lollipop in hand and the puppies in view, it was smooth sailing. She looked in the mirror at her ears and said happily, "I wook just wike YOU, mommy!"



The next morning I heard her talking to herself in her room and I peeked in. She was laying in her bed touching her earlobes and telling herself, "I have E-WINGS!" She's growing up so fast- stay tuned for a post on her Memorial Day birthday. I love my girl!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Sure make Roland do the hard part!

I love the pictures where she is shopping. You can see that she is going to like it there for years to come...

I love your girl too :)

Chredna said...

Eva looks so cute! I got my girls ears pierced when they were babies....by four months old. I recently discovered though that one of Reagan's has closed up. She hadn't had earrings on for a long time, so I'm going to have to take to get it redone....I'm not looking forward to that at all. Eva looks so cute though!!!! keep those E-wings in!

Anonymous said...

SO cute, I love the pict with her wearing all the jewelery. What a little sweetheart!

Jeff and Lindsey said...

NO! The one right before she got it done is so sad! Bring that girl up here to visit me! (and your boy - I really did feel horrible about Friday - I'm sorry - that was lame)

The McEwen Family said...

She looks so cute! We did Madison's at 3 months to get it over with and avoid the touching of the ears. I hope she does good with them. I love her no hair she is too cute!

Angela said...

Don't feel bad about doing the earring thing so "soon", my mom got mine done before I was one because apparently I looked like a boy when I was a baby! :) Ava is much cuter, and the earrings are great too.