Saturday, October 25, 2008

Six Weird Things

I have been tagged by two great people. Thanks Tina and Alison- you probably know most of my weird things, but let's fill the public in on my little secrets. (:




1. I have had a fear of clowns since I was a kid. I used to think it was unique, but now I think they've actually created a phobia name for it... there I found it- Coulrophobia. My friends in school thought this was so funny they sent a clown to my house for one of my birthdays. Nice. And created a book called "Nat's book of clowns" (Thanks Tia- I found it the other day!), not to mention all of the teasing my older brothers enjoyed involving the painted villains. I don't know if it started with Poltergeist or It or some scary guy at the circus... but really, does that face above really look harmless to you?
I just don't get why someone would LIKE a clown. Not cool.

2. I cannot STAND cell phones that are not flip phones. I always feel like I am not actually talking into the speaker when I borrow someone else's phone. Then I end up talking way too loudly, like I do at work when the oldies can't hear me.

3. I hate juice. It tastes all wrong to me. I also don't like most smoothies. The tart and sour tastes really don't agree with me. The only juice I like is fresh-squeezed OJ... that my dad makes.

4. I have an overwhelming fear of breath. Yes, I said "breath", as in used up air. Even if it's good breath, I don't like it near me. This fear is behavior-altering and sometimes feels like it could take over my life. Close-talkers beware: I will avoid you at ALL costs.

5. I love the smell of pipe smoke. Some college professor years ago used to smoke a pipe and I followed him around (at a safe distance, mind you) just so I could smell it.

6. I have three different costumes for Halloween this year. That's right- ME, not my kids. They get one each. (: Okay, I will admit that one is a costume I am making for a family talent show in two weeks, but it counts because it is around Halloween. I love to dress up.

Oh, this list could go on... But I will leave it at that and tag Renelle, Tia, Linz, and Crystal.

6 comments:

Tiphaine Brewer said...

It makes me happy when I hear other people have weird issues...not that I do, or anything...what are your 3 costumes?

Tina said...

Pipe smoke? Who knew? I DID know the rest of it....

I can't believe you even posted a clown picture.

AudyCamp said...

Wo I'm proud of you Natalie that you could even put up a picture of a clown! These things are always so fun to read:)

Kimmy said...

You stalked a professor just to smell his pipesmoke? Thats funny.

Channon said...

I did not know we had so much in common. I love pipe smoke too. I used to love going to grandpa's house when he was smoking a pipe. So sweet. I too hate breath! I tell my husband all of the time that he is stealing my air. My baby loves to rub noses and then she takes a deep breath and I try my hardest to be a good mom and let her do this because it sooths her for some reason, but at the same time it makes me crazy and puts me into a panic like she is stealing all of my air!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the breath one, but the others I pretty much did. All I have to say is BEWARE OF THE CLOWN RESIDENCE TOWERS! :) I miss you Nat, we had so much fun at college! I bet you have trouble even ooking at your blog now with the clown pict on there.