Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The event we anticipate all year...

No, I'm not talking about Christmas. Not exactly anyway.
I have a big family. Okay, kind of a HUGE family. Now that all of my eight siblings are married and (almost) everyone has kids of their own, it's very hard for us to get together for Christmas. All the traveling and having commitments with in-laws make Christmas Day pretty hectic. For the past few years, we haven't gotten together in December at all. We end up grouping holidays together and do a weekend of celebrations all at once. This year we did the 70th Birthday Party of my parents/Thanksgiving/Christmas all in two days and all very early. (I'm just late writing about it...)

Our favorite thing ever is to have a weekend with family, fun, and food and LOTS of cousins, so here is my abbreviated recap:


A fun surprise pizza party for my mom and dad, who each had an important Fall birthday...


Finally took a big family photo... (Thanks for cooperating, guys!)


Had an eventful family talent show, including the above group called SABBA. For more information on this exciting performance, see here. If you are really in the mood to make fun of some people, you can watch the Youtube video after we put it up.

It was A LOT of fun and I'm so glad everyone came! We missed the few family members that couldn't make it and can't wait for you to be involved next year!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

You have such an awesome family. Sounds like a great reunion!

kristal said...

I LOVE that family picture?! Where was it taken? Very cool looking family. Um, it kinda looks liek they kicked you out in front. haha! It's great...love the bean bags too. Um, and I'm soo glad you have older parents. I always feel like my parents are grandparents. Jase's mom is only 50, my parents are 67! Hopefully we can get my big ole family together for a 70th in a few years!