Friday, February 27, 2009

Bragging rights

My favorite little guy turned five last week, so I thought I'd record my five FAVORITE things about him right now. I'm sure they will have changed by next year- this is MASE at FIVE--

1. FUN The boy loves to play and I admire the way he jumps into situations with both feet to have a good time.

2. LOVING He is so loving toward Ava, us, his grandparents... He would never miss an opportunity to give me a hug and a kiss.

3. INDEPENDENT I have to admit that I struggle with this one. It is hard to love a quality that makes your strong-willed child want to do something opposite than you want him to. However, I can see that this will be a benefit to him in the future. He has never been one to cry when I drop him off somewhere- he is excited for the new adventure of life!

4. HILARIOUS Gotta love his sense of humor! He keeps us (and his little sister) laughing constantly.

5. INTELLIGENCE Just yesterday we sat down together and did a whole workbook of counting and adding and writing numbers. And he loves to go to the library and check out non-fiction books... especially about sports so he can bond with his dad. This is an exciting time to see him pick up new concepts.

I LOVE my boy. He does present his fair share of challenges (mostly the strong-willed and stubborn issues... don't know where he gets that from :) but we are figuring out ways around those. Like letting him ride his scooter in the house to release some of that energy! The excess of tile in our new house is serving Mase well. (:

Here is a photo from Grandma's house that sums up my kids personalities and relationship. Are we supposed to remove these during prayer, like hats? Oops!

3 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

That picture is Hilarious!! Too cute. Happy Birthday Mase!

Kristal said...

Ava looks freaking hilarious!!! BAH I'm soo mad, boston just wore a nija turtle mask this weekend and we were dying...why the heck dont' I use my camera anymore?! K, and I don' teven know Mase, but I LOVE him for saying he might have a crush on me. That's good enough to make my day...uh, or month anymore! Happy birthday kid!

Kristal said...

Ava looks freaking hilarious!!! BAH I'm soo mad, boston just wore a nija turtle mask this weekend and we were dying...why the heck dont' I use my camera anymore?! K, and I don' teven know Mase, but I LOVE him for saying he might have a crush on me. That's good enough to make my day...uh, or month anymore! Happy birthday kid!