Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bonding over sports



I actually shed a tear (or seven) during the NBA Championship game today. This IS Natalie typing; the emotional behavior over a game would be quite the norm for Roland. (:
Couldn't tell you if it was because I like the three top players so much, or because the coach seems so genuine, or perhaps because they celebrated with so many kids and babies after the game... or maybe it's just because I never could stand the Lakers. Whatever the reason, this game was good for the Celtics AND good for my marriage.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Jeff was so glued to this game! I kept thinking he might drift away from it, because it was obvious the Celtics would win....the score was miles apart. I don't know what I was thinking though...there was the game, then the after-game, then highlights, then news about the highlights.....

PEHNelson said...

Sounds like someone got Lucky....you know...the Celtics did!!!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Although I am from Cali and grew up as people called me a "laker Lover" I am so excited that the celtics won. They played to win and they showed it by winning the championship! I was so happy for them and you could seriosly see the joy from all the players. Plus I loved that they won on my birthday too. Now if it were the suns that won that really would've been the best birthday ever. Maybe someday for the suns, but I am glad the celtics won.