Saturday, August 02, 2008

Hawaii, Part 2

More fun stuff from our vacation:

We ended up exploring Waikiki, but only for a few hours because we were happy to get back to our private getaway, where the tourists were not EVERYWHERE.
We shopped and got some cute souvenirs for people, especially the kids. They were happy when we showed up with Hawaiian outfits and ukeleles for them, and they LOVED their candy leis. The excitement grew when we pulled out a "shark tooth" necklace for Mase and some Shark cards. (He is obsessed with the movie "Sharkboy and Lavagirl"... once I even picked him up at preschool and the kids all said, "Bye Sharkboy!" in all seriousness.) I'll post some pictures of their camping trip and them wearing their "My parents went to Hawaii without me!" clothes when I get them.



We ate some FANTASTIC food, and here is Ro enjoying garlic shrimp from popular (but still a little shady) shrimp truck. I read about it before we left and this one has a lot of fans out there (You know you want to eat from that truck, Tustin! :) We ended up there more than once and the garlic butter shrimp was VERY tasty. And then here he is at a yummy little restaurant eating macadamia nut pancakes with ice cream on top. Uh, no wonder I don't fit into my clothes anymore since we've been home...




We tried to go snorkling at Haunama Bay but it ended up closed because of this:


How funny is this interchangeable sign? Imagine the other possibilities besides jellyfish... CLOSED, due to: sharks, strong currents, too many Asians... Oh, Just kidding! You know that Asians love to travel. The funny old Asian lady at work that always tells me I'm too fat told me I could NOT go on vacation without at least $10,000 to spend.

The final segment of my LONG vacation posts will be of our exciting tubing and parasailing adventures. SO much fun, but I must admit that I am still sore from the ruthless banana boat riding. (:

More to come if you can bear more tropical love pictures! (:

9 comments:

Lindsay Nichole said...

i am DYING looking at your pictures. a year ago i stayed with my sister for a month on north shore and fell in love! hope you guys are well! miss ya!

PEHNelson said...

Are you sick of having to wear real clothes? I remember hating that when we got back!

Jeff and Lindsey said...

I just put this on Tina's blog and now I'm putting it on yours - I am dying for family. I am looking at this and wondering why the hell we didn't all stay right where we were and Jeff and I could be on this vacation with you. I love the pics - it looks like you guys had a great time but I hate them because we're just always looking at PICTURES of you jerks! I'm wierd right now!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see more picts, I have been anxiously awaiting you to return. I am glad you had a good time, I want those shrimp and pancakes!

Jeff and Lindsey said...

On a less crazy-more normal note - this is the first time I've seen Roland with a tan!
Go white boy!

Angela said...

Aw, too bad about Hanauma Bay being closed, we got in some good snorkeling there. Better in Shark's cove though! I'm so jealous, I wanna go again!

Jamie said...

You look hot, Nat! Go beach body! Glad you guys had fun. You so deserve it. I can't wait until Johnny and I can find time to do that.

Tina said...

I love all your pictures, Nat. You are going to have to call me if you want my comment for this post.

I keep typing and deleting...and laughing...

Anonymous said...

your family is so great! i had tiph send us your blog address, and it was so neat seeing your fun pics! we miss you guys.
brett and whitney