Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Last one, I promise!

I remember my Travel and Tourism Professor at ASU telling me "Sometimes when you get home from a trip, you need a VACATION from your VACATION." I didn't really get that until now. Luckily, my mother in law sent my kids home with clean, folded laundry (spoiled, I know) and I had done all of the laundry in our condo while we were there, so I wasn't swamped. But it is HARD to get back into normal life when you get home. Especially when that normal life includes 110 degree weather and a husband who works every night until 11pm.
So there are my excuses, and I am finally posting the last segment of our amazing trip to Hawaii.

One of the funnest things we did was our "water adventure day". We spent a good six hours doing all sorts of fun things in the ocean and with boats. The highlight of my trip had to be watching Ro hold onto this tube when the driver of the boat was continually taunting him and trying his best to throw him off.


Notice the expression on Ro's face as I go flying off...


We even stayed on after the tube looked like THIS:



Then we got on this banana boat, and I made the mistake of assuming it was going to be easy to stay on. It was not. Especially after the lengthy tubing episode that made my arms feel like rubberbands.

We made it!


Here is Ro diving into the middle of the ocean when we were on an anchored boat/dock waiting for our speedboat ride.


Parasailing was the BEST! It was a very windy day and we had the ride of our lives. It was especially refreshing when we got dipped in the ocean before we got reeled in. LOVED it!







Right after our parasail came to an end. I felt SO accomplished that I had the confidence to finally wear that toupee on my head. (:



Great fun... great day... GREAT TRIP!!!!!





And on our way to the airport on our last day, Hawaii even said goodbye to us like this:

8 comments:

PEHNelson said...

That is so awesome that you guys don't get seasick! I would have been throwing up the whole time!!! glad you guys had so fun! it was well deserved!!!

Jeff and Lindsey said...

Oh, I am laughing so hard at the "toupee" comment - you're a funny one. I can literally hear Ro laughing when you went flying off the tube.
The one of him diving is so blow up worthy!
Call me jerk.

Kristal said...

K, now I'm getting excited for our trip. And I now have the balls to parasail. Who took the parasailing and tubing pics? I'm soo nerous to let anyone use my camera that I don't know. And your toupee pic is great, how "brave" of you. Um, where's the HOT bikini pictures?! You know you look hot in them!!!! Glad you had an awesome time. ANd I'm glad you ate all the great Hawaiian food I can't wait to eat Jamaican food, or any NON vegetable food!!!

Mauzy Fam said...

That sounds like SOooooo much fun! What great pictues you have! Did you just hand your camera over to people on the boat?? By the way I laughed really hard at your lovely "toupee" picture!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nat, I am in love with Hawaii just by looking at your faces, I want to go so bad. Nice toupee, that cracked me up! Glad you guys were able to have some nice alone time together!

kristal said...

me again. I just have to say that I come to your blog everyday, and I'm going to until our trip because your pics get me soo excited for a hot sexy exotic trip with my man...well, that an your e mails.

Jamie said...

I love how much you guys lived it up. It was like, whatever there is to do that is fun in Hawaii...we are doing it. Love it!

Channon said...

You look like you had so much fun. would you be interested in making a Hawaii book? I am in the process of making a template for my sisters. This is just a tiny start of the book: (a digital hardbound scrapbook size 8x8)
http://tinyurl.com/5eyks2
plus I already have access to one that another lady made and it looks like this (size 12x12)
http://tinyurl.com/6e8lxl

Let me know if I can help you out. You already have a wonderful story written about your trip and now you can put all your pics a wonderful place to have them stored.

You can open an HM account at www.storybookingbyyou.com