Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tag- I'm it!

I haven't even been tagged to do this survey thingy, but I'm going to pretend I have for posterity's sake. (Thanks for the idea, Kristal and Crystal!) My kids might like to know this stuff someday! (:

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. I was at EAC, and we just barely moved out of the retirement home and into the dorms. (Long story, which I will tell you if you ask.) I had a devil-worshipping roommate, Bev, who used to chant in our room until she fainted.
2. Lifeguarding with Alison at the EAC pool.
3. Hanging out with a boy who I am SOOO glad I did not get back with after his mission. (I went to see him after he came home and called Roland two hours after I got there saying the flame was officially OUT... Thanks for your patience, Ro!)
4. Hanging out at Gila Hank's cafe... A LOT!
5. Going to Mt. Graham or the hot springs with my great friends or hanging with my great roomies (after I switched rooms from Devil Bev).

5 things on my To-Do list today:
1. CLEAN! And organize Ava's room.
2. Write a book with Mason. (He dictates, I write and Ro illustrates when he gets home.)
3. Pull out the Christmas decor and sort through it.
4.



5. Call some sisters and friends.

5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Veggies and dip.
2. Rolled tacos (is this a snack or am I just a piggy?)
3. Pears and apples.
4. Chips and Ro's salsa.
5. Twinkies and chocolate milk. (Yep, I'm just a piggy... Thanks, Holtzinger!)

5 songs I know the lyrics to:
1. Anything Frank Sinatra.
2. Anything Van Morrison.
3. "The way I am" by Ingrid Michaelson.
4. "Killing Me Softly", my favorite karaoke song.
5. Anything Wiggles or Disney.

5 things I will never wear again:
1. Scrunchies.
2. Two colors of scrunched up socks. (Anything with the word "scrunch" in it is prohibited.)
3. Jeans with an ankle zipper.
4. Brightly colored Doc Marten high-top boots. Oh but how I loved my vast selection- green, red, navy blue, boring brown leather... thanks to a brother in law from England.





5. A perm in my hair.

5 of my favorite toys:
1. Ava's dollies.
2. Board games with Mase.
3. Mario Party with Roland.
4. My computer.
5. Any new toys that get my kids excited.

I tag: Alison, Jamie, Lindsey R., Tia, and Renelle... so what, I can tag people even if no one tags me! I don't have cooties, I swear! (:

8 comments:

kh said...

Ha ha ha! I totally remember Bev! I can't believe that! ha ha. Lisa (Heap) and I were talkig about EA and the "good old days!" How funny.

Crystal said...

Nat, I am SOOOO grateful that we both started out with super-crazy roommates, cuz that's the only reason WE ended up together! My life would be a million times different if I'd never known you. We never would have lived together in Mesa, I never would have met Jamie and my cousin DeAnn. I never would have been introduced to Mario Party. I never would have worked at Global... Nat, thanks for being one of my favorite friends ever!

Tia said...

okay I'll do it, it might take me a while but I'll do it! I love reading this and I love the trip you took with your family, tears would probably be flowing from eyes to see all that sweetness!

Lindsay Nichole said...

ahaha SCRUNCH ANYTHING is totally prohibited...

i mean really, what could be better than twinkies and chocolate milk?!

Jamie & Johnny said...

I think you should've thanked me for my patience too. I did ALOT OF CRAP FOR YOU AND THAT DUMB A&^%$ missionary...including go with you to see him after 2 YEARS. Anyways...you're very welcome. It's only cause I love you. :)

Melissa said...

I love the Tag! The colorful Doc Martins crack me up. I remember they were so cool- What were we thinking? Hey, I'm trying to get my list for Christmas cards. I have my email on our blog, Will you send me your address? Sounds like you guys are doing great. I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Ok Nat, I did it. I laughed so hard when I read your EA comments. Bev was a little scary. Ok she completely freaked me out. Do you remember the night she went to her church and burned the journals she had kept. That was so nuts. I remember always buying you twinkies on road trips and on one road trip when we were all a little tense and fighting a little, you bought me peach rings and made it ALL better. Remember how you drove with me through phoenix wearing your _ _ _, So many good times, I added some funny stuff on mine too. Ok love ya! Ali

Angeler said...

EAC sounds wacky tobacky.

Sounds like we had crazy roommates before we had each other. You had Devil Bev. I had Nameless who had sex with her boyfriend in my bed while I was at Disneyworld.

You are pretty. Your family is cute.