Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chef Roland

The alarm clock read 9:40 when I opened my tired eyes this morning. Bonus! I got to sleep in. The sound of feet coming up the stairs is what woke me and I could see my cute husband holding a plate and coming toward me. Breakfast in bed! Double bonus! As I eagerly awaited my cold pizza or even peanut butter toast, if I was lucky, I saw this:



WHAT?! I squinted to see if this was some leftover lasagna, but no... It was made-from-scratch banana crepes with fresh blueberries and strawberries. I had to take a picture before I ate it because it was just so... so... well, pretty! Delicious, too, once I finally got around to eating it. Anyway, Crystal with the chef hubby, you might have this done for you EVERY morning, but this is a much-appreciated change in the kitchen from Ro's delicious egg sandwiches. They ARE good, too, though... maybe starting this Master's in Accounting thing wasn't the best idea after all. I have a chef on my hands! (And he BETTER appreciate this post and make me lots more samples!) Love you, babe!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Breakfast in bed... certainly not *every* morning! Jacob leaves for school about two hours before I get up for work. But, Jacob has definately served me more breakfasts in bed, than I have made for him. :)

Jamie & Johnny said...

Holy Crepes! Yum, that is too sweet. If I was more of a breakfast person I'd be very envious. It looks yummy and so well presented.

Anonymous said...

WOW those look very professional. It was nice seeing you for a sec. this weekend.