Saturday, January 19, 2008

First impressions



There is a reason I put this very unflattering self portrait of myself of this blog. If you look oh-so-closely, you can see that something is wrong with this picture. Yeah, that's it, look at the ears. Nice... one brown earring and one red. Silly me, I put two different earrings on yesterday. That wouldn't be so bad, except that yesterday was my first meeting at my new job. That's right- I have decided to return to work (part-time, doing my favorite thing in the world, recreation for seniors...) and I was at a meeting where I had to MEET everyone and give a little presentation about my new recreation program. I failed to notice the earrings until I got home. Nobody said anything to me, but how could they not notice? I had on a big red beady necklace that matched ONE of my earrings. Hee hee! Anyway, I'm sure I already have a dorky reputation to live up to at my new job. That shouldn't be too hard. Next time I'll do mismatched socks and see if the old people notice. (:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!

Tia said...

I love this, it makes you so normal and makes us feel great when we do something just like it! I must have been talking to much when I talked to you on the phone cause i didn't know you were starting a new job, Im really happy for you!

Courtney said...

Oh well, half of them are color blind anyway, right?! JUST KIDDING! Atleast they are similar in style!

Kristal said...

That's hilarious! I've done that before! I have too many earrings that are too simular and I put a turquoise with a brown...bah!

Sabra said...

Trendsetter!

JELL said...

I bet they all wore mismatched earings the next day thinking its the "in thing". You may be their only link to society - you could convince them of all sorts of things!

Crystal said...

I agree with Lins... Everyone's just going to think you're super fashion-forward.

Oh, and good luck with your new job. I know how you love the oldies.

PEHNelson said...

Natalie!!! You are so great! Don't worry i went to work once with two different shoes on! It was crazy! How is your job going?!!?!? I'm sad you're not going to disneyland, but i'm gonna get annual passes so we'll go next time together! I miss you!