Friday, January 18, 2008

A milestone



Mase grew up today. And I freaked out a little. Today was his first day of preschool. He was very excited about it this morning and did not even complain that his bath only lasted 5 minutes. That's HUGE. My freakout wasn't really visible, it just happened on the inside. I wasn't nervous for him, and I knew he would love it. It all comes from the fact that he is almost FOUR and getting so grown-up. Pretty soon he will be in regular full-time school and then he will move out forever! Okay, so I'm overreacting... But to see him with his little backpack on... and then when he was so brave when I left... and then to hear him talking about his new "friends" that I don't even KNOW! (: It's all very new to me. And new to him... And I'm just glad he is not prone to the same freakouts that I have. I love my little well-adjusted happy person. Hopefully, he still thinks I'm cool for a little while longer.

5 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

Wow, preschool already, that's great. Soon it will probably be nice to have just the one a couple hours a day though.

Chredna said...

Mase looked so cute today. I asked Ryan if she saw him today and she did and was very excited that he was in her class. Hopefully they'll be good friends!! I cried the first day Ryan went to school.....after awhile....I can't wait for school days!!!! They really have a blast there!!! Can't wait for Ava to be in Reagan's class!

Angela said...

Good for you Nat. I'm sure you'll both be fine. At least you didn't have to sit through "The Kissing Hand" book before you left him the first day. Yikes. Can't wait to get to know little Ava better! See you.

Anonymous said...

Wow that brought back lots of memories of Skyler's first day of pree school. It seems like just yesterday, but he is going to be a third grader next year. It goes way too fast.

JELL said...

What? He went to preschool in Oregon, wierdo!